In the gastrointestinal tract lovastatin absorbed slowly and incompletely – about 30% of the dose. Lovastatin should be taken in conjunction with the food, because the drug when receiving a third lower fasting its concentration in plasma than when taken with food. The maximum therapeutic concentration is reached after 4.2 hours, and then the concentration in the blood plasma decreases rapidly, amounting to 10 hours at 24% of maximum. Contact with blood plasma proteins – 96% -98.5%. The equilibrium concentration of lovastatin and its active metabolite by a single appointment for the night is achieved at 2-3 days of therapy and 1.5 times higher than after a single dose. Lovastatin penetrates the blood-brain and placental barriers. Subjected to intensive metabolism at the “first pass” through the liver. The major metabolites formed by oxidation of the lactone with the participation of cytochrome nolvadex.
- For lowering elevated serum total cholesterol, cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood serum of patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (Types 2a and 2b according to Fredrickson) including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, polygenic hypercholesterolemia, and mixed hyperlipidemia. The drug is indicated for the lack of effectiveness of diet therapy and other non-drug measures.
- Treatment of coronary atherosclerosis in patients with coronary heart disease nolvadex in order to slow its progression.Contraindications
- Increased individual sensitivity to lovastatinu or other ingredients;
- liver disease in the active phase or a persistent increase in activity of “liver” transaminases of unknown etiology;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- age of 18 years (effectiveness and safety have not been established). Precautions: liver disease (history), chronic alcoholism, organ transplantation, concomitant immunosuppressive therapy, chronic renal failure : urgent (emergency) surgical procedures (including dental ), while taking gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, and others. fibrates, nicotinic acid (more than 1 g / d) (due to the risk of myopathy), cyclosporine, nefazodone, macrolides (erythromycin, clarithromycin), antifungal agents from the group of “azole” (ketoconazole, itraconazole) and protease inhibitors (ritonavir). pregnancy and lactation The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. During drug treatment , women of childbearing age should use reliable contraception. It is not known whether lovastatin is excreted in breast milk.Therefore, if the drug during this period is required, breast-feeding should be abolished.Dosing and Administration
Inside, during a meal. Prior to the appointment of the drug, as well as at the time of its application, the patient must assign a standard hypocholesterolemic diet.
recommended dose of lovastatin nolvadex 10 to 80 mg once a day. Typically, the initial dose in patients with moderate hypercholesterolemia is 20 mg once a day during the evening meal; in patients with severe giierholesterinemiey. If necessary to reach target cholesterol values in serum dose may be increased to a maximum daily dose of 80 mg per day in single or divided doses (at breakfast and dinner). Changes (selection) the dose should be performed at intervals of not less than 4 weeks.
- Coronary atherosclerosis
Daily doses ranging from 20 to 80 mg once nolvadex or divided into 2 doses.The dosage and duration of admission determined by the attending physician.